The College reserves the right to tow vehicles at the owner's expense by a bonded towing company for the following reasons:
- Parking in a handicapped space.
- Parking in reserved spaces.
- Parking in areas which create a danger to safety and welfare of persons and property (i.e., fire lanes, service areas, traffic lanes, walkways, etc.).
- Persistent and flagrant violations of parking rules and regulations.
- No Fort Lewis College parking permit.
- Abandoned vehicle
- Parking in "No Overnight Parking" between 1 am and 7 am.
- During heavy snowfall and, if necessary, for snow removal.
- Emergency situations.
- Obstruction of maintenance operations
- It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to recover a towed vehicle from the towing company and to pay towing charges or other associated charges. In the event that the vehicle is booted (immobilized), the driver must contact Fort Lewis College Police by calling 247-7491or 749-6581 so the device can be removed.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE THE VEHICLE with the Immobilizer in place. Fort Lewis College accepts no responsibility for damage caused if the vehicle is moved while the Immobilizer is in place.
- Tampering with Police property is a punishable offense and may result in a summons to the Durango Municipal Court.
COLLEGE DISCIPLINARY ACTION MAY BE TAKEN IN INSTANCES OF PERSISTENT OR FLAGRANT VIOLATIONS OF FORT LEWIS COLLEGE PARKING/TRAFFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS.