Fort Lewis College places a high priority on the personal safety of its students, faculty, staff, and visitors. A campus community relies on a peaceful, safe, and secure environment. Preserving this environment is a responsibility everyone on campus must share.
For Emergency Assistance or a Crime in Progress on Campus
For emergency help from a campus telephone dial 911 or
Use a campus emergency phone located at:
- Clock Tower
- Cooper Quad south of Cooper Hall
- Between Berndt Hall and the Theatre
- Union Visitor Lot by the Student Union
- Between the Bader and Snyder Residence Halls
- Between Animas Lot and the Centennial Apartments
- 8th Avenue Lot, east of Jones Hall
- Concert Hall Lot, east of the Concert Hall
- Stadium Visitor Lot, north of the football stadium
- Between Art Lot (gymnasium) and Stadium Visitor Lot, north of the football stadium
- Between Center for SW Studies Lot and the Center for Southwest Studies
- Along walkway on 8th Avenue and Fort Lewis Drive
To File a Report for a Crime that has Already Occurred
- Call Durango La Plata Emergency Communications Center at 970-385-2900 or
- Fort Lewis College Police at 970-749-6581 to talk with an officer on duty
- Reports can also be filed through the Fort Lewis College Police Department via the Silent Witness Report Form
Persons making false crime reports are subject to campus discipline and/or legal sanctions.
Sign up for SkyHawk Alert Emergency Notification
Skyhawk Alert is an emergency notification service that gives the College the ability to communicate health and safety emergency information quickly by email and text message. Enroll in Skyhawk Alert today, so you can quickly receive safety-related information, regardless of your location.
Skyhawk Alert Sign Up