We hope you enjoy life-long learning at Fort Lewis College!
The Community Learners program provides community members ages 55 and over the opportunity to sit in on a number of day classes at Fort Lewis College for free. This is a no credit, no test taking, no homework opportunity.
For the fall and spring semesters (no summer), you may register for a course starting from one week before the semester starts until the end of the first week of classes. After we receive your registration form, we will work with the professor to determine availability and then notify you. If there is still room after census day, you will be allowed to continue as a Community Learner. Tuition paying students have priority.
- Pick your primary and secondary choices of courses from the course schedule:
- Go to the Search Course Schedule page. (You will need to follow steps ii through vii below.)
- To select the term, choose your preferred term under "Search by Term" and hit Submit.
- Highlight your subject area in the top box marked "Subject." Click the "Class Search" button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a class from "Selections Found." No classes with a "L" on the end of the description, with course fees or studio.
- To view the course description, click on "View Catalog Entry." Click "Return to Previous."
- To view the capacity, click on the course title. Only choose classes with seats available and no waiting list. Click "Return to Previous".
- Copy down the course title, number, start date and professor's name. You will need that for the registration form.
- Complete the registration form.
- The FLC Foundation will notify you if you are approved to attend.
- Attend class and ask the professor for the Canvas link for the course materials.
- Notify the professor and the FLC Foundation if you decide to withdrawal.
Restrictions and etiquette
- Admission is at the discretion of the professor.
- Space is available only in classes below enrollment capacity.
- You will not have access to classes with wait lists, labs, studios, fees, or heavy participation.
- You agree to attend all classes during the semester, arrive on time, and leave when class is over, and not disrupt the class.
- You do not take tests, hand in homework, or partake in group discussions.
- You can obtain a FLC library card as a community member, but they do not have access to class hold materials.
- Please observe all parking rules on campus. View parking information.
- You will not share course content outside of the classroom.
- You will not have access to student services.
Other enrichment opportunities
If you would like to strengthen the mission of the college, please click here to donate today.
For additional Information and questions, contact: