The Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network
For adults in immigration detention and for immigrant children who have suffered from abuse, neglect, or violence.
Hotline for detained individuals & family members: (303) 866-9308
The Four Corners' Immigrant Resource Center
- Constitutional and workers' rights education
- Support in accessing interpretative, detention and enforcement procedures, legal help, self-sufficiency, citizenship and immigration issues
- Tax assistance
- Volunteer opportunities and collaboration with community groups
Colorado Legal Services
Unless the victim of a crime or domestic abuse, clients must have lawful immigration status to receive assistance from CLS.
Common areas of civil law the CLS Durango office can assist with:
- Family Law: Domestic Violence issues, temporary or permanent, protection orders, dissolutions, custody and child support.
- Housing Rights and Homelessness: Public and subsidized housing evictions, foreclosures, landlord/tenant disputes and legal issues of the homeless.
- Public Benefits Issues: Social Security, welfare, disability benefits, food stamps, child care and unemployment compensation.
- Consumer Issues: Bankruptcy, debt collection, public utility shutoffs, the Low Income Energy Assistance Program, and other consumer issues.
835 East 2nd Ave, Suite 300, Durango CO 81301
FLC Admission Office
Our admission office is happy to support applicants through the enrollment process.
Kroeger Hall, Fort Lewis College
Student Success Center
Services include: tutoring, graduate school exploration, general financial guidance, holistic and individualized coaching.
3rd floor, Reed Library, Fort Lewis College
FLC El Centro de Muchos Colores
LatinX Resource Center
Provides information, workshops, and individual attention for documented and undocumented immigrant students. During the academic year, the El Centro Coordinator is available to explain resources available on and off campus, although the Coordinator is unable to provide legal advice. To the extent permitted by law, confidentiality is guaranteed.
Room 40, Student Union, Fort Lewis College
FLC Counseling Center
Offers confidential support to students around various issues. Services include: confidential individual/group counseling and consultation with faculty, staff, and family.
Room 260, Noble Hall, Fort Lewis College