Professional Title: Freelance journalist, author
B.S. Art (cum laude), University of Michigan
M.A. History of Art, University of Michigan
- 1965-1975: Full and part-time teaching-art history, graphics. State University of New York (Fredonia-art history), the University of Michigan (TA art history), Los Angeles City Schools (gifted program), Ann Arbor Public Schools (art & humanities).
- 1970-1975: Consultant in advertising and public relations. Clients included the New York State Bar Association, New York State Consumer Protection Agency, Mayfair of Albany, Los Angeles Promenade, and Warner Brothers Communications, Los Angeles.
- 1975-1979: Director of Publications/Coordinator of Public Relations, The College of St. Rose, Albany, New York. Instructor in Art History and Graphic Design
- 1979-1987: Director of College Communications, St. John Fisher College, Rochester, New York. Freelance criticism.
- 1979-1994: Regular guest speaker Memorial Art Gallery, Rochester, New York.
- 1987-1994: Managing Editor, City Newspaper, Rochester, New York, responsible for planning and production of weekly newspaper. Promoted from arts editor; promoted from arts criticism -- classical music (Eastman School of Music, Rochester Philharmonic, et al), visual arts, theater, dance.
- 1994 to present: Columnist, arts critic and political cartoonist, The Durango Herald.
- 1994 to present: Freelance journalist, author.
Visiting Professor of Music (Writing & Criticism), 2007-present
Visiting Professor of Art History, 2012
Founder and guest lecturer: Fort Lewis College Life-long Learning Program
Member, Professional Associates of Fort Lewis College
Publications and Awards:
- Co-author: “Nordenskiöld of Mesa Verde: A Biography,” with David B. Reynolds, 2006; Finalist in Historical Biography, Colorado Book Awards.
- First place Colorado Press Association: Editorial cartooning, 1998 and 2004.
- Three first-place awards from New York State Press Association for extended coverage of community issues 1987-1994: Individual arts coverage, classical music series, and illustration awards.
- Design and writing awards for college publications.
- Juror: National Playwriting Award - Primus, American Theatre Critics Association
- Presenter: Creativity & Madness Conference-Berlin 2010
- Presenter: Mesa Verde National Park Centennial celebrations, 2006.
Affiliations: Executive Committee and financial officer, American Theatre Critics Association; AAUW; Durango Choral Society; County Historical Society; Linkages-Rochester Sister-City Program with Novgorod, Russia.