1. Psychology Club: The first Psychology Club meeting of the year will be this ___________ in EBH 240. The meeting is open to ALL interested psychology majors and minors--we want your input and ideas! We will be discussing plans for the year and voting on our weekly meeting day/time, so this is your chance to get involved right from the beginning.
FYI: EBH 218 is the official psychology student lounge and is open for you to eat, study, or just hang out. It is YOUR space in EBH.
2. Psi Chi: Applications are now being taken for membership in Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology. It was founded in 1929 for the purpose of promoting excellence in scholarship and advancing the science of psychology. Psi Chi members are eligible for research grants and can proudly wear an honors cord at graduation. Psi Chi members can pick up their honors cord from me the semester of their graduation.
In order to join Psi Chi, you MUST:
- be majoring or minoring in psychology
- be a second-semester sophomore
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and psychology GPA
- be willing to part with $65.92 (a $55 one-time membership fee to be registered with Psi Chi and $10.92 for the honors cord)
Students can complete the application online here: https://www.psichi.org/?page=JoinToday#.VeiDcPlVhBc.
If you are eligible and would like to join Psi Chi, you must complete this application AND write a check payable to Natasha Tidwell by Oct. 14. You can slide your check under the door (EBH 282) if Dr. Tidwell is not in.