1. Psych Club: This is a group of FLC Psychology students who want to create community, get together to play games, and get involved in psychology. This is your chance to get involved right from the beginning. Psych Club meets weekly in EBH 218, which is the official psychology student lounge and is open for you to eat, study, or just hang out. It is YOUR space in EBH.
2. Psi Chi: Applications are now being taken for membership in Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology. It was founded in 1929 for the purpose of promoting excellence in scholarship and advancing the science of psychology. Psi Chi members are eligible for research grants and can proudly wear an honors cord at graduation. Psi Chi members can pick up their honors cord from Dr. Tidwell the semester of their graduation.
In order to join Psi Chi, you MUST:
- be majoring or minoring in psychology
- be a second-semester sophomore
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA and psychology GPA
- be willing to part with $65.92 (a $55 one-time membership fee to be registered with Psi Chi and $10.92 for the honors cord)
Students can complete the application online here: https://www.psichi.org/?page=JoinToday#.VeiDcPlVhBc.
If you are eligible and would like to join Psi Chi, you must complete this application AND write a check payable to Dr. Natasha Tidwell by Oct. 14.
3. Indigenous Society of Psychologists (ISP)
Indigenous Society of Psychologists is an organization with the intent of creating supportive relationships that provide a professional network within the field of Psychology. Our members work together to raise awareness for the mental health conditions that impact indigenous communities. The educational resources we share further advance our understanding of Psychology, and our communal support gives students the tools they need to become leaders.
Meeting times change semester to semester. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Dr. Megan Wrona (email@example.com) who can put you in touch with the current student President of ISP for more information. You can also search for more information on the club on SkyHub, https://skyhub.fortlewis.edu.