The Office of Purchasing is located in 290 Berndt Hall. Central Stores/Shipping/Receiving and the loading dock are located in the southeast corner of the Physical Plant on the north end of the Fort Lewis College campus.
Programs and Services We Provide:
- Purchasing- Administration, management and policies
- P-card (Procurement Card) Program- Administration, management, and policies
- Central Stores/Shipping/Receiving- Manage, stock, delivery, and pickup
- Contract Review- Review and advise. Director is official liaison between FLC and Attorney General's Office
- Copiers (Central Reproduction)- Administration, management, and policies
- Travel- Administration, management, and policies
- FLC Procurement Rules- Administration and management
- Information for Vendors- Point of contact
- Opportunities to Bid- Advertise documented quotes, bids, requests for proposals, and settlement notices for goods and services
FLC Procurement Rules
All purchases for goods and services for Fort Lewis College are governed by the FLC Procurement Rules.
FLC Procurement Rules
All purchases, over $5000 require a Purchase Order be issued by the Director of Purchasing regardless of the funding source and whether it’s Goods or Services. It is the responsibility of the individual requesting a Purchase Order to make certain that each step in the PO process is completed so that the final step - Payment to Vendor - will be completed in a timely manner, and that all FLC Procurement Rules have been followed.
CAUTION: It is STRICTLY at the discretion of the Director of Purchasing whether or not a Request for Documented Quotes or an Invitation to Bid will be required to be issued for Goods when the cost exceeds $10,001 but is less than $25,001; or Services when the cost exceeds $25,001 and is less than $50,001 regardless of the requirements in FLC Procurement Rules, Section VI Rule A-2.
Procurements may not be artificially divided so as to constitute small-dollar purchases. See FLC Procurement Rules, Section VI-B.
PO’s must be issued PRIOR to delivery of any goods or services. Goods ordered or services provided prior to the PO being issued, is a violation of FLC Fiscal Rule IV-2 and as such, FLC is not responsible for payment.
The PO Process
All Requisitions and Check Request Forms require a vendor ID number beginning with '900.' To search for a vendor ID number, use the following URL to search: www.fortlewis.edu/vendorlookup.
The exact name of the vendor is required and as much information as possible will return the most accurate results.
For questions regarding payments, Direct Deposit, or W-9s, contact Accounts Payable: