Website - http://flchockey.wix.com/skyhawks
- 16 games, two practices per week and weekly training sessions.
- Home games are at Chapman Hill Ice Arena.
- Involvement in Durango community and active support from local sponsors.
- Process for joining: Show up to any practice or team meeting or contact the president or coach.
Previous Experience: Experience is preferred but not required
- Affordable competitive hockey
- Transportation, lodging, and entry fees covered at most away games
- Pro-deals from sponsors
- Social atmosphere of the Durango hockey community
- $500 per year
- $100 fundraising responsibility per year (each player is responsible for fundraising $100 either through team events or on their own).
Commitment Expected from Members: To maintain a highly competitive team year after year, the club expects that members dedicate themselves to all events. Season has 2 practices a week with a full schedule of games taking place most weekends.
- No academic, financial, or disciplinary holds
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Enrolled for a minimum of 9 credits per semester
- Other Requirements
- Assist with fund raising
- Must have own equipment
National Affiliation - American Collegiate Hockey Association