Procedures to Register for Individual and Independent Study
- Student and instructor complete the form: Independent Study Petition.
- The student obtains the department chair or program director approval.
- The student takes the form to the appropriate dean’s office for approval.
- Registration must be completed by Census Date.
- The dean’s office will initiate registration by emailing the Registrar’s Office.
- The Registrar’s Office will register the student in the course and confirm registration via email to the student, the instructor, and the dean’s office.
- Inform the student via email of any additional requirements before registration can be completed (such as removal of holds).
- The Registrar’s Office will also inform both the instructor and the dean’s office of a student’s failure to successfully register.
Students should confirm registration via their WebOPUS account.