Registrar's Office

Withdrawal from a single course

You can withdraw from a course and receive a grade of CW (Course Withdrawal) only three times during your undergraduate career. The CW limit is being counted out from Fall 2013 forward. Grades of CW do not impact your semester or cumulative grade point average. Once you hit your three CW limit, you will be assigned grades impacting your grade point averages in every course until you graduate, with limited exceptions.

To withdraw from a single course come by the Registrar’s Office and fill out a “Course Drop Form".

Note: To receive a grade of CW, instructor permission is not required.

If you’re within your three per lifetime limit and have made the request by the deadline, you will be assigned the grade of CW.

Note: The deadline to receive a grade of CW is the regular closing time of the Registrar’s Office on the Friday the week midterm grades are posted. If you missed the deadline and if a grade of AW seems appropriate, you can click here for more information.

Technical Difficulties with WebOPUS 
If a student experiences problems with using WebOPUS, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.

Tuition and Fees Schedule For Students Who Withdraw
Students initiating a pre-Census or post-Census withdrawal will be assessed tuition and fees according to the pro rata schedule published on the Student Billing & Cashiering website. There are separate schedules for the fall and spring semesters and the summer sessions.

Other Responsibilities Associated With Withdrawal
Students who have applied for housing and/or financial aid have other responsibilities associated with official withdrawal and must contact those offices directly.