Withdrawal before a term has started
If you have registered for classes and then decide not to attend, it is your responsibility to withdraw from the term. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal.

If you have applied for campus housing and/or financial aid, you have other responsibilities associated with withdrawal. Those offices must be contacted directly:

Use WebOPUS to withdraw from a Fall, Spring, or Summer term before the term has started. The process must be completed by midnight before classes begin. For example, if a term starts on Monday, August 31, a pre-term withdrawal must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 30. Tuition charges and student fees will be reversed by the Controller’s Office upon completion of a pre-term withdrawal.

To withdraw using WebOPUS, go to theFort and log in.

  • Select "WebOPUS" from the menu. This will bring you to the WebOPUS homepage.
  • Select “Student Services”.
  • Select “Registration”.
  • Select “Add/Drop Classes”.
  • Select the appropriate term. Drop all of your classes.
  • Submit.

If you have holds that block access to WebOPUS, you can make a written request to the Registrar’s Office for a pre-term withdrawal. The request must include your name, your Fort Lewis ID number, and the term for which you would like to be withdrawn. Mail the request to Registrar’s Office, Fort Lewis College, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301. Fax the request to (970) 247-7598. Your mailed or faxed request must be received by 4:00 p.m. the Friday before classes begin. Email the request to the Registrar's Office via your FLC email account. Your request must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day before classes begin.

Technical Difficulties with WebOPUS 
If a student experiences problems with using WebOPUS, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible.

Tuition and Fees Schedule For Students Who Withdraw
Students initiating a pre-Census or post-Census withdrawal will be assessed tuition and fees according to the pro rata schedule published on the Student Billing & Cashiering website. There are separate schedules for the fall and spring semesters and the summer sessions.

Other Responsibilities Associated With Withdrawal
Students who have applied for housing and/or financial aid have other responsibilities associated with official withdrawal and must contact those offices directly.