Official Transcript Orders
ELECTRONIC TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Be sure you are using Internet Explorer browser version 9 or newer.
Cost is $5.00 per transcript, and a $2.25 processing fee per email address (for electronic .pdf) or mailing address (for printing and mailing), with additional fees for express mail.
HOLDS MUST BE RESOLVED BEFORE TRANSCRIPT ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED!
- CURRENT STUDENTS, OR THOSE WITH A VALID USERNAME AND PASSWORD
Login to https://thefort.fortlewis.edu with your username and password:
- Select webOPUS, at the bottom of the External Quicklinks box
- Select > Student Services > Student Records > Request printed/official transcript
- Click on the National Student Clearinghouse link to be directed to their site, and see Step 2 below.
- CURRENT OR FORMER STUDENTS WITHOUT A USERNAME OR PASSWORD
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOG IN ON THE CLEARINGHOUSE WEBSITE. This log in is only for administrators on that site.
- If directed to the home page, Click on the orange “Order-Track-Verify” tab.
- Choose Fort Lewis College in the drop down list of schools, and Submit.
- Read the information on the welcome page, then scroll down and click on the green Start button.
- Enter your information, the recipient’s email or address, and payment information as instructed.
- On the screen which requests your social security OR student ID number, you may enter EITHER one, you do not need both.
- Electronic transcripts normally are sent within about 20 minutes upon completion of the order. Watch your email account for updates about your e-transcript order.
- Transcripts ordered online with a request to be printed are mailed out by the Fort Lewis College Registrar’s Office within 1-2 business days once the order is complete. In the case of a holiday break, they will be mailed when the office re-opens. This includes Express Mail orders.
- You may also specify for us to hold it here for you to pick up.
Go to www.getmytranscript.com (National Student Clearinghouse)
- ORDER FORM IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD – Printed & mailed only
- Cost is $5.00 per transcript, and additional fees for express mail.
- Print the Official Transcript Order Form found on the Registrar’s Office Home page
- Drop off form or mail it to Fort Lewis College Registrar’s Office,1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301
- These requests are processed once a week, within 5-7 business days.
- Payment may be made by check or money order, payable to Fort Lewis College. Do not send cash.
- We must receive the original of our form signed by the student, accompanied by the payment.
Use this service if you need to track the mail delivery of your transcript. USPS Express Mail will deliver to PO boxes. The current fee is $19.99 per address in addition to the transcript fee, and this option is available on the National Student Clearinghouse website. Express Mail transcripts ordered online are mailed out within 1-2 business days once the order is received by the Registrar’s Office. Please be sure to allow time for processing and mailing.
- Orders are not accepted by fax, email or phone. Faxed requests will be shredded to protect your privacy.
- Transcript fees are non-refundable.
- Fort Lewis College is not responsible for lost or undelivered mail.
Unofficial Transcripts (via webOPUS)
UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS MAY ONLY BE OBTAINED BY STUDENTS WHO
ATTENDED FROM SEPTEMBER 3, 1991 TO PRESENT,
HAVE A USERNAME AND PASSWORD, and HAVE NO HOLDS ON THEIR ACCOUNT.
Students who attended Fort Lewis College prior to September 3, 1991, will need to follow
the instructions above and order an official transcript.
IF YOU NEED TO RE-ESTABLISH A USERNAME AND PASSWORD, and attended after September 3, 1991, you may follow these steps to obtain access to the Fort Lewis College computer system, and then print an unofficial transcript.
Go to the portal, https://thefort.fortlewis.edu/
- Click on either Retrieve your Username or Reset your Password link on the upper left hand side of the page, in the Student Account box.
- Choose Activate Your Account and follow the instructions.
- If you used a middle name here, you must enter at least the first initial. If you did not use a middle name, leave that field blank.
- After completing these steps, follow the instructions below.
- If you are having trouble getting reactivated, you may call:
- IT Department at (970) 247-7444
- Student Records Specialist (Registrar’s Office) at (970)-247-7388
RUNNING AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT (must have a valid username and password):
Note: Username and password remain valid for 3 semesters after leaving Fort Lewis College
Go to the Fort Lewis College homepage at www.fortlewis.edu:
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page
- Under Helpful Links, choose webOPUS and log in via CAS
- Student Services
- Student Records
- Academic Transcripts
- Transcript Level: Undergraduate
- Transcript Type: Unofficial
- Print, Save or copy and paste to a Word document
If you need to order transcripts for the following Fort Lewis College scholarships ONLY, you may use an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: Teacher Education, Fort Lewis Foundation Scholarship, SOBA Scholarship, or Education Outreach.
Orders are processed through the National Student Clearinghouse in real-time. Electronic .pdfs will be processed and sent within approximately 20 minutes, 24/7, as long as there is no hold on the student’s campus account. If a transcript needs to be printed and mailed, and the order is processed over a weekend or holiday break, it will be mailed the next possible business day.
Fort Lewis College will be closed in observance of the following holidays: New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The college is also closed for the winter break December 25-January 1. For transcripts ordered during the Thanksgiving and Christmas/winter breaks, information concerning the dates of these breaks will be posted on WebOpus and on the National Student Clearinghouse website.