SkyCard Policies, Terms, and Conditions
Use of the SkyCard
- The SkyCard is your college ID and should be carried at all times. It is the property of Fort Lewis College and must be surrendered when requested by Fort Lewis College officials. Cardholder will receive a reimbursement of remaining debt funds if card is permanently surrendered.
- The cardholder is responsible for safeguarding his/her card. Should the card become lost or misplaced accidentally, by theft, or for any other reason, log into theFort portal, https://login.fortlewis.edu/cas/login?service=https://thefort.fortlewis.edu/uPortal/Login, choose the Skycard External Quicklink, click on the LOGIN button, then select the Card Services tab and Deactivate the account. The cardholder assumes responsibility for purchases made against his/her account prior to notifying SkyCard Services. Only the balance at the time the card is reported missing and invalidated can be protected.
- The card’s use is governed by the policies and procedures of the College and is NOT TRANSFERABLE. The College is not responsible for any loss or expense resulting from the loss, theft or misuse of this card. A replacement fee of $15.00 will be charged if this card is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- The participant’s SkyCard will be the access device for the various stored value accounts. The card must be presented at the time of purchase and will be the only means of accessing the participant’s account.
- The SkyCard accounts will be activated upon receipt of an initial $1.00 deposit. The Cashier Office will transfer SkyCash balances, from accounts that has been inactive for a period of six (6) months, into the customer's FLC tuition account. Refunds on closed accounts will be made at the full value of the unused balance by the Cashier Office. All debts owed to Fort Lewis College must be satisfied prior to a check being processed for a refund. Any negative SkyCard balances will be charged to the account holders Student Tuition Account or billed directly to the account holder.
- Refunds of unused SkyCash – Go to the Cashier Office where SkyCash deposits made with a credit card may be credited back to the credit card. All other overpayments will be refunded to the student. A 30-day hold may be placed on larger amounts made with a personal check. The funds will appear as a credit in your account. Fort Lewis College does not pay interest on any credit balances in your account or on any funds included in an overpayment prior to their refund.
- By using the SkyCard stored value accounts, you agree you will not make your card and/or PIN number (if applicable) available to anyone else, including orally, in writing or by telephone. You also agree not to record the PIN # (if applicable) on the card. Additional ID may be required to ensure that only the participant uses the account. The participant may be required to sign a receipt for goods.
- Fort Lewis College reserves the right to determine hours of operation and pricing for the goods and services available for purchase with these accounts.