How to Apply
- Review the eligibility requirements below. If you are unsure if you qualify, contact us.
- Complete the STEM3 application.
- E-mail completed paperwork to Tim Birchard. Or you can drop the application off at the STEM3 office. STEM3 is located on the Fort Lewis College Campus in the modular buildings just north of the Student Life Center.
The Department of Education determines our eligibility requirements, and we can accept students who meet one or more of the following criteria. First priority is given to those students who are both first generation and income eligible.
- First generation college students
(neither parent received a bachelor's degree before student turned 18)
- Students who fall within income limits set by the Department of Education and verified by our office
(Pell grant eligible students typically qualify)
- Students who have a disability
(NOTE: Preference is given to students who qualify in more than one criterion.)
Contact us for clarification on eligibility.