When should you seek tutoring?
- If you are having difficulty understanding lectures
- If you are beginning to fall behind in your classes
- If you need help improving your study skills and habits
- If you need help preparing for tests
- If you are having difficulty doing homework
- If you want to achieve and maintain high grades and better understanding of the material
Seek assistance as early as possible!
Who can receive tutoring at STEM3?
All active participants in the STEM3 program can request tutoring services. If you are a FLC student who is interested in joining STEM3 click here for our application. Click here for the eligibility requirements.
How do you schedule a tutoring session?
Submit a tutoring request or contact the Tutor Coordinator for more information.
What can you expect from your tutor?
- Good communication skills
What will you need to bring to the tutoring session?
- Past quizzes and tests
- Class syllabus
- Any other material that will help the tutor help you
- A positive attitude!
What will your tutor expect from you?
You are expected to be on time for each tutoring session. Tutoring is a commitment and you are responsible for your progress in your class. You should communicate regularly with your tutor and your STEM3 advisor about the effectiveness of your tutoring. Tutor evaluations can be found here.
Interested in becoming a STEM3 Tutor/Mentor?
We are always looking for leaders who are motivated to achieve academic success. If you are interested in helping others to succeed while reinforcing your own mastery of course subject matter at the same time, we invite you to apply to be one of our Tutor/Mentors. Just fill out and submit our tutor application. You may drop it off along with any supporting documentation to the STEM3 offices (Trailer #2 at the FLC tennis courts, next to the Student Life Center), or email it to James Deaton at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the Academic Services Coordinator, James Deaton, at (970) 247-6186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.