The Tuition and Fee Charges Appeals process is for students who believe that there are special circumstances that delayed or prevented their dis-enrollment that justify a special adjustment to their tuition and fees that does not follow the published schedule. These special circumstances may be presented for institutional review through the Tuition and Fee Charges Appeals process.
To begin the process:
- Download and complete the Tuition & Fee Charges Appeals Form
- Return the form, along with any supporting documentation, via fax, e-mail (no recommended if information is sensitive in nature), hand deliver, or mail to:
Hand Deliver: Room 140, Berndt Hall
Mail: Office of Student Billing & Cashiering, Fort Lewis College, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301
Deadline for submitting your appeal to be reviewed at next scheduled meeting:
- Midnight on the second Sunday of every month
Review of an appeal can result in a deferral or a decision:
- Deferrals are made when additional information is needed to make a decision.
- Decisions will either be:
- approval of special circumstance justifying a special adjustment of tuition, mandatory fees, and course specific fees, with the amount of the adjustment determined on a case-by-case basis or
- denial of appeal for a special adjustment.