Learning Outcomes for Student Wellness Initiatives
The purpose of Student Wellness Initiatives is to promote healthy behaviors and lifestyles in the FLC student population through campus-wide educational programming.
By actively engaging in Student Wellness Initiatives programming, it is our hope that students will:
- Be able to identify on and off campus wellness resources and how to access them, and
- Apply knowledge to making healthy life choices (related to ATOD, sexual health, mental health, etc.).
For those who emerge as student leaders in Student Wellness Initiatives programming, it is our hope that their engagement will lead them to:
- Demonstrate confidence & proficiency in their ability to communicate wellness information to their peers,
- Be able to apply academic concepts to wellness programming, and
- Collaborate with others to create a supportive community, as well as be able to articulate how to facilitate a community in other environments.
For the 2015-2016 academic year, Student Wellness Initiatives will also assess the following learning outcome:
- Students who engage in Student Wellness Initiatives programming can identify an awareness of diversity and articulate how to contribute to an inclusive social climate.