With the help of our sponsors, Fort Lewis College's WellPAC is honored to present Kevin Hines to speak at Fort Lewis College on March 19th at 6:30pm at the Community Concert Hall.
CRACKED, NOT BROKEN: THE KEVIN HINES STORY
Kevin Hines is a brain/mental health advocate, award-winning global speaker, bestselling author and documentary filmmaker who reaches audiences with his story of an unlikely survival and his strong will to live. Two years after he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder (19 years of age), he attempted to take his life by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge. He is one of only thirty-four to survive the fall, and the only one to regain full physical mobility. He is the only Golden Gate Bridge jump survivor who is actively spreading the message of living mentally healthy. The fall would break his body, but not his spirit. Today, Kevin dedicates his life to saving lives by spreading the message of hope and sharing his art of living mentally well. He is one of the most respected and admired voices of lived experience. Kevin’s story is a remarkable testament to the strength of the human spirit and a reminder for us to love the life we have. For more info on Kevin, please visit www.kevinhinesstory.com.
- This suicide prevention event is FREE to everyone.
- All ages are welcome, but because suicide is a complicated topic, we ask that parental discretion be used for children.
- Doors open at 6:00pm. All attendees will be asked to register upon entry.
- Presentation begins at 6:30pm. Kevin will speak for about an hour.
- Kevin will be available for a meet and greet and book signing post presentation. This will be first come, first served.
- Optional follow up conversation will be faciltated by community members and local mental health professionals in the Lyceum of the Center for Southwest Studies (building next to Concert Hall) immediately following the presentation.
- There will be no concessions at this event.
- Parking is free after 5pm at Fort Lewis College. For a map of Fort Lewis College please visit www.fortlewis.edu/campusmap
- For any questions, please call 970-247-7508 or email email@example.com.
Special thanks to our sponsors for making this a reality: La Plata County 4H & the C.O.D.Y. Project, San Juan Basin Public Health, Alpine Bank, Fort Lewis College School of Arts & Sciences, Axis Health System, 5280 Drywall & Repairs, Boys and Girls Club of La Plata County, Fort Lewis College Community Relations, Strater Hotel and all of our other generous donors. We are incredibly grateful.
GET INVOLVED!! TAKE ACTION TO PREVENT SUICIDE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!! Learn more here:
Survivors - The Ones Left Behind from Susannah Kay on Vimeo.