Services provided by the program includes the following:
- Academic, financial, career or personal counseling including advice on entry into secondary or post-secondary education programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on post-secondary education
- Information on student financial assistance
- Exposure to college campuses
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Special activities for sixth, seventh and eighth graders
Read our students' success stories.
The program also benefits parents by:
- Information on how to help students through the college process
- Parent meetings and workshops on financial aid, scholarships, vocational school and college admission requirements
- Continued commitment to help students find success
Who can join:
- Either first generation (neither parent has a four-year college degree) and/or financially eligible.
- A U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Interested in pursuing higher education
- AND enrolled in the 7th—12th grade in one of the following schools:
- Durango High School
- Big Picture High School
- Escalante Middle School
- Ignacio Middle and High School
- Mancos Middle and High School
- Pagosa Springs Middle and High School
- Cortez Middle and High School
Read our program brochure (English).
Read our program brochure (Spanish).