We are proud to offer an additional Bilingual Endorsement in Navajo and/or Spanish. This endorsement can be added to the CLD endorsement by completing the following additional requirements described below. Please schedule an appointment with Dr. Lorien Schuldt as soon as possible if you are interested in completing the CLD-S endorsement.
Dr. Lorien Schuldt
Education & Business Hall (EBH), Room 250
To add the CLD-S endorsement in Navajo complete the following:
- Receive a passing score on the Navajo Language Proficiency test through Diné College. The test is required for a Navajo Bilingual Teaching Endorsement in Arizona, New Mexico and Utah, as well as Arizona's Native American Language Teacher Certificate.
Recommended: If you seek Navajo Bilingual Endorsement, consider summer courses at San Juan College, Dine College or immersion experiences over the summer.
- Enroll in ED 332 - Materials and Methods of Bilingual Education (after completing Navajo language proficiency requirements), complete 30 field hours in a bilingual setting, and earn a C or better.
To add the CLD-S endorsement in Spanish complete the following:
- Demonstrate proficiency in Spanish by
- Completing SPAN 301 Advanced Spanish Conversation and Composition AND SPAN 302 Advanced Spanish Composition.
- Students must receive a passing score on the PRAXIS content exam in Spanish.
- Enroll in ED 332- Materials and Methods of Bilingual Education (after completing Spanish language proficiency requirements), complete 30 field hours in a bilingual setting, and earn a C or better.