The Theatre major enables students to fully explore their potential as literate, articulate, and humane members of society through a close study of the theory and practice of theatre. Students so trained are able to bring highly developed communication skills, flexibility, and creativity to a wide range of career opportunities.
Students who major in Theatre at Fort Lewis College will find a number of opportunities open to them including:
- Working hands-on to create theatre from the first day of your freshman year to graduation day.
- Participating in and helping to create original theatrical productions.
- Meeting, networking, and learning from a number of nationally and internationally known theatre arts as part of our guest artist program.
- Internship with regional and national theatre practitioners.
- Participation in theatre licenser program.
- Participation in the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival
Our students receive all of the benefits of a small college including low faculty-to-student ratio, extensive hands-on opportunities, strong relationships with faculty and peers. Fort Lewis College Theatre is committed to undergraduate research and to developing student leadership skills through practical application in directing, management, dramaturgy, acting, design and technical theatre.
Major in Theatre
- Theatre Design & Technology Concentration
- Theatre Performance Concentration
Minor in Theatre