Purchasing & Travel Office

Frequently Asked Questions

Collapse All Expand All

Not if the total cost is $5000 and under. However, you are required to bring the contract to the Purchasing and Travel office for review PRIOR to signing it.


After you have received your goods, you must request 'receiving' for the PO from Central Stores/Receiving.
  1. Accounts Payable will cut a check for the correct amount only after receiving has been completed in the  system. Never submit a RFP to pay a purchase order.
  2. On the invoice, write 'OK to pay against POXXXXX.' Then sign, date and send to Purchasing.


Here is the order of the steps to generate a PO:
  • Complete a Requisition
  • Submit it to the Purchasing and Travel Office, 290 Berndt Hall
  • The PO will be created by a purchase agent


Here are the campus extensions:

  • 7430- Purchasing and Travel, 290 Berndt Hall
  • 7549- Central Stores/Receiving, Physical Plant
  • 7144- Accounts Payable, 140 Berndt Hall

You may request receiving for those items and Accounts Payable will pay for only the items for which receiving has been completed.

Please note on the requisition that you need a 'blanket PO,' and a total cost. The fiscal year ends on June 30, so any blanket POs must end June 30 or prior to that date.

When purchasing any services and the total cost exceeds $5000.

When purchasing any goods in which the total cost exceeds $2000; and with all Personal Services Agreements

Requisition and PSA forms may be found on the home page of the Purchasing website.

Procurement cards can only be used to purchase goods when the total amount is under $2000, and are mainly intended for local use. However, they may be used for online purchases.