- We support you as you define your academic goals and move towards graduation.
- We help you register for classes and understand academic requirements, policies, and procedures.
- We help you build your study skills and connect with other academic resources.
You can request a tutor in any subject and receive one-on-one tutoring free of charge. All TRIO tutors are FLC students who have excelled in the courses in which they are tutoring and who have completed a tutor training program.
We help you identify other tutoring resources at FLC as well.
We are nationally certified by the College Reading and Learning Association.
- We help you with the FAFSA application, FLC financial aid procedures, and finding scholarships.
- We help you explore options to offset college expenses.
- We discuss student loans with you.
- We help you create a budget to manage your money.
We provide one-on-one guidance to help you decide if graduate school is right for you. You will learn what steps are involved in the application process and how to fund graduate school. We help you research schools and programs and we'll help you write a personal statement. You should also consult your faculty mentors for guidance.
We offer one-on-one guidance to help you build academic, financial, and life skills.
- Creating a resume and cover letter
- Finding scholarships
- Grammar and punctuation
- Strategic reading
- Knowing your learning style
- Exploring graduate school
- Stress management
- Study strategies
- Organizing your coursework and due dates
- MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Using your FLC email and M drive
- Organizing and delivering presentations
- Time management
- Taking notes for class
We provide social and cultural events to help you expand your college experience beyond the classroom and to grow an appreciation and awareness of diversity at FLC and in the community. See our "Announcements and Events" page.
We have a small computer lab located in the TRIO space on the third floor of Reed Library.