Freshmen and sophomores majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Physics, and Math can now apply for six-week summer research programs at FLC and in Farmington, New Mexico at San Juan College. This summer’s projects include research in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, and Math.
Applications are due Feb. 19, 2015, and the awards will be announced by March 17, 2015.
This year's project list:
- Determination of Mercury Levels in Flora of San Juan County, NM, Mentor: Dr. Callie A. Vanderbilt, Biology & Chemistry, San Juan College
- Analysis of Environmental Samples for Heavy Metal Content following the Gold King Mine Spill, Mentor: Dr. Callie Cole, Chemistry, Fort Lewis College
- Using Plant Derived Natural Products to Improve Honey Bee Health; Mentor: Dr. William Collins, Chemistry, Fort Lewis College
- Analysis of Honey, Plant Extracts, and Proteins by Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry and Capillary Electrophoresis; Mentor: Dr. Eric Miller, Chemistry, San Juan College
- Liquid Sodium Research for Generation IV Nuclear Reactors; Mentor: Dr. Billy Nollet, Engineering, Fort Lewis College
- Network Analysis; Mentor: Dr. Laura Scull, Mathematics, Fort Lewis College