- Bi-monthly mandatory meetings at all target schools with the Upward Bound Advisor. These meetings entail academic advising, tutoring, career research, and leadership development.
- After school mandatory instructional and tutorial sessions to help students develop study skills and maintain academic progress.
- A stipend of up to $40 per month based on the student's grades and attendance at advising/Saturday sessions.
- Educational and cultural trips to enrich students' life experience, college research, career options and introduction to diverse cultures.
- Assistance with career exploration, college admissions, financial scholarship research and ACT preparation.
- Three mandatory parent meetings to inform parents of student and program progress.