The Fort Lewis College Art Gallery is the epicenter of the Art and Design building which was constructed in 1997 as part of an arts and culture corridor on the north end of campus. Situated in rural Colorado and overlooking the San Juan Mountains, we are an important resource and hub for contemporary art to our campus community and the entire Four Corners region. The gallery works in conjunction with art and other academic programs to show how contemporary art and design functions in a broader cultural context, and provides an essential research and learning tool while promoting dialogue and engagement beyond campus. We focus on exhibiting artists and designers who challenge our assumptions, address issues of cultural, social, and political relevance, and expand the minds of our students and community members while making significant contributions to the field.
FLC’s Art Gallery has approximately 1100 square feet of display area, with a central cathedral space and two flanking alcoves. Clerestory windows located approximately 30 feet above the central gallery allow natural light to flood the gallery.