The Fort Lewis College Division of Communication, Creativity, and Aesthetics invites the community to Arts April 2022, a celebration of the arts featuring students and visiting artists, with a monthlong schedule of inspired performances, exhibitions, and literary readings.
Arts April 2022 highlighted events include:
- The musical production of Sweeney Todd on the stage of the Community Concert Hall, various times, April 1-3. Tickets are available at durangoconcerts.com.
- The SkyWords Visiting Writers Series free reading and book signing of Diné Reader Poets in the Student Union Ballroom, 6 p.m., April 19. Authors include Esther Belin, Sherwin Bitsui, Laura Tohe, and Luci Tapahanso.
- The opening reception of Stretch Bounds, an exhibition of works from graduating senior Communication Design and Studio Art majors in the Art & Design Gallery, 4:30-6 p.m., April 21.
- A Performing Arts Extravaganza at the Community Concert Hall, 6 p.m., April 22. Celebrating the coming together of the Music and Theatre departments into a new Performing Arts department, the evening will consist of light snacks and drinks, featuring a variety of student ensembles and musical performances. Tickets are available at durangoconcerts.com.
- A publication celebration for IMAGES Magazine and their newest issue, Illusion, at the Busby Amphitheater, 5 p.m., May 2. IMAGES publishes written, photographic, and artistic contributions from a diverse group of imaginative students.
The events listed above are a small sampling of the many art activities on campus, showcasing an opportunity for the community to share in the creative dream as students build experiences, express themselves, and take steps towards their professional goals.
For more information about Arts April 2022, please visit fortlewis.edu/artsapril.
The Fort Lewis College Division of Communication, Creativity, and Aesthetics houses the departments of Art & Design, English, and Performing Arts, strengthening the presence of the arts on campus and facilitating collaboration within the School of Arts & Sciences. Music, Journalism, Creative Writing, Theatre, Studio Art, and Design students participate in exciting interdisciplinary professional projects, gaining experience in real-world arts careers.