Friday's packet pickup times have changed to 4pm to 7pm for convenience - be sure to plan on enjoying some burritos from Zia Taqueria and brews from Ska.
USA Pro Challenge VIP Package Auction
More details to come about the auction but here is the package:
- Final Weekend Package to the 2014 USA Pro Challenge; value $5,000
- Two (2) VIP Passes to Stage Seven of the 2014 USA Pro Challenge on Sunday August 24, 2014
- Two (2) VIP Caravan Rides during Stage Seven of the 2014 USA Pro Challenge on Sunday August 24, 2014
- Two (2) Passes to the 2014 USA Pro Challenge Post Party on Sunday August 24, 2014
- Two (2) VIP bags with official race merchandise.
Hosted by Fort Lewis College, the Durango Fall Blaze offers three different tour options, including a 37-mile, 60-mile, and 100-mile ride. The tour starts when the clocktower rings 8am and a police escort leads the riders out from the center of campus. There are six food/aid stations along the way, support vehicles on the course, and a party at the finish line back in the center of campus! The ridership is limited to ensure a quality event. The century course is of medium difficulty when compared to centuries around the country, and the 37-mile and the 60-mile are easier.
All proceeds benefit the Cycling Scholarship Fund at Fort Lewis College. The scholarship is dedicated to rising young cyclists. Each scholarship recipient must possess a love for the sport, maintain a 2.7 or higher grade point average, and must be an active community member. Both men and women are eligible, of course.
Registration fees cover:
- A fully supported tour with sag support vehicles and five food/aid stations
- The fabulous Fall Blaze Packet-Pickup Party at the Fort Lewis College Union Plaza
- The Blaze Lunch and Celebration on campus, presented by Morehart Murphy Auto Center
- A commemorative t-shirt and pin