We encourage you to report sexual misconduct. You can do it one or more of the following ways:
- In an emergency, call 911.
- Report online at www.fortlewis.edu/tellsomeone;
- Tell the Title IX Coordinator, Molly Wieser, 970-247-7241, email@example.com, 230 Skyhawk Station;
- Contact FLC Campus Police, 970-749-6581, Aspen Hall;
- Inform a faculty or staff member. They must report incidents, including names, dates, and place to the Title IX Coordinator.
You can file a police report and also file a complaint with the College. If you would like help making either report, please contact the Title IX Coordinator, above.
- The Durango Sexual Assault Services Organization’s (SASO’s) 24 hour hotline at (970) 247-5400. See www.durangosaso.org for more resources.
- Alternative Horizons Domestic Violence Hotline at (970) 247-9619. See www.alternativehorizons.org for more information.
- FLC Counseling Center, 970-247-7212, at 260 Noble Hall, open during Fall and Spring semesters Monday-Friday 8-12 and 1-5. Call for summer hours.
- The FLC Health Center staff must report non-identifying sexual misconduct information to the Title IX Coordinator: FLC Health Center, (970) 247-7355, 170 Skyhawk Station, open during Fall and Spring semesters Monday thru Friday from 8-12 and 1-4. Call for summer hours.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
If you report sexual misconduct, Fort Lewis College can support your safety needs by:
- Giving you options for changing your academic schedule or on-campus housing;
- Issuing no-contact directives for Fort Lewis College community members;
- Prohibiting retaliation for your report or for your participation in a criminal or college disciplinary process. Those found violating our anti-retaliation policy will be sanctioned;
- Helping you to access a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) exam at Mercy Regional Medical Center. FLC Police can transport you to Mercy for the SANE exam. Funds are available to pay for the exam.
- Victims can choose to receive care and have evidence collected without making a report to law enforcement.
- Discussing other options, depending on your needs and the circumstances.
FLC DISCIPLINARY PROCESS:
If you wish and Fort Lewis College agrees to pursue the incident as a disciplinary matter:
- The College will make every effort to resolve the matter in a timely manner and in accordance with your wishes.
- Retaliation against a participant in a disciplinary or criminal matter will not be tolerated.
- The College will keep participants in a disciplinary matter informed as it progresses.
- Participants in a disciplinary matter can choose to provide information to an investigator or a hearing body without seeing or hearing from individual(s) accused of sexual misconduct.