Non-degree-seeking students, also referred to as unclassified students, enroll in courses at Fort Lewis College without the immediate intention of earning a degree or certificate from Fort Lewis College.
Non-degree-seeking students include, but are not limited to:
- Students enrolling in courses for career development, either individually or part of an employer-sponsored cohort;
- Students completing prerequisites required for entrance to a degree or certificate program;
- Students attending for personal enrichment.
Non-degree-seeking students are officially enrolled at the college and their coursework will be graded and posted on a transcript.
How to Apply
- Complete online application
- Submit $40 application fee
Non-Degree-Seeking Student Application Deadlines
August 20, 2018
December 1, 2018
Opens January 2019
Admission, Confirmation, Registration
After students have been notified of their admission decision, they may confirm their enrollment by emailing a written statement of intent to enroll by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no confirmation fee for non-degree-seeking students. After confirmation, students may register for courses using the online WebOPUS registration system. If there are pre-requisites for courses, eligibility must be documented prior to enrollment. Typically, this is done through presentation of transcripts. For some courses, the presentation of standardized test scores or placement testing may be required.