Our faculty are available to comment on topics related to areas of interest or expertise. If you need further assistance, call Media Relations at 970-247-6073 or email Media Relations.
Joslynn Lee is an Assistant Professor of Biochemistry at Fort Lewis College. She joined the college in 2019. Dr. Lee has a broad background in bioinformatics, with specific training and expertise on next-generation sequencing data. Her current research includes bioinformatics in course-based research experience targeted for American Indian and Alaskan Native students. Dr. Lee's earlier publications begin in computational chemistry and molecular modeling. Shifting into other genomic data sets to utilize developed tools and generate new pipelines for data analysis.
1. Bolyen, E.; Rideout, J.R.; Dillon, M.R.; Bokulich, N.A.; Abnet, C.; Al-Ghalith, G.A.; Alexander, H.; Alm, E.J.; Arumugam, M.; Asnicar, F.; et al. (2019) Reproducible, interactive, scalable and extensible microbiome data science using QIIME
2. Nat. Biotechnol 37:852-857. 2. Mills, CL, Garg, R., Lee, J.S., Tian, L., Suciu, A., Cooperman, G.D., Beuning, P., Ondrechen, MJ. (2018) Functional classification of protein structures by local structure matching in graph representation. Protein Science. 27(6):1125-1135.
3. Zhang, Y., Lee, J.K., Toso, E.A., Lee, J.S., Choi S.H., Slattery, M.G., Aihara, H., Kyba, M. (2016). DNAbinding sequence specificity of DUX4. Skelet Muscle 6(8).
4. Loganathan, R., Lee, J.S., Wells, M.B., Slattery, M.G., Andrew, D.J. (2016) Ribbon regulates morphogenesis of the Drosophila embryonic salivary gland through both transcriptional repression and activation. Dev Biol 409(1): 234-250.
5. Thomas, R., Lee, JS, Chevalier, V., Selesniemi, K., Hatfield, S., Ondrechen, MJ, Sitkovsky, M, Jones, GB. (2013) Design and evaluation of xanthine based adenosine receptor antagonists: Potential hypoxia targeted immunotherapies. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. 21, 23, 7453-7464.
6. Wang. Z., Yin, P., Lee. J.S., Parasuram, R., Somarowthu, S., Ondrechen, MJ. (2013) “Protein Function Annotation with Structurally Aligned Local Sites of Activity (SALSAs), BMC Bioinformatics. 14(Suppl 3):S13.
7. Parasuram, R., Lee, J. S., Yin, P., Somarowthu, S., Ondrechen, MJ. (2010) Functional Classification of Protein 3D Structures From Predicted Local Interaction Sites. Journal of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. 8, SI1, 1-15.