Take a Break from Fort Lewis College

Every current undergraduate student is entitled to take up to two consecutive terms away from Fort Lewis College after which they can return as a full- or part-time student without reapplying for admission. During this time away, a student is not enrolled in classes, does not live on campus, does not pay tuition and fees, and does not have access to campus resources (e.g. the Student Life Center).

How to Take a Break from FLC

If you would like to take a break from FLC, all you need to do is fill out a form in your student resource center. Once you have completed the form you will be contacted by a Registrar's Office staff member regarding next steps.

Semester Withdrawal and Taking a Break

If you use a Semester Withdrawal or Administrative Withdrawal for a given semester, you are still technically enrolled for that semester. As such, that semester does not count toward your three available break semesters.

Returning From Your Time Away

As long as you are not away for more than one academic year, you are still considered an active student during your break, so you do not need to take any special steps in order to register for classes upon your return. If you have been away from Fort Lewis College for more than three consecutive terms (Fall, Spring, and Summer), you will no longer be an active student so you will need to reapply for admission.

Questions & Assistance

Stop by Skyhawk Station, send us an email, or give us a call at 970-247-7301. We’re here to help!