Welcome to Advising at Skyhawk Station

Whether you already know exactly what you want to study or are still deciding, our advising team is here to make registering for classes a breeze. We help all new students with their initial registration process to get you started smoothly. Afterward, you can choose whether you'd like continued advising or prefer to register independently.

Our team offers various support services designed to meet your specific needs. We can help you plan your major and minor requirements, arrange your courses for the next semester, guide you through the registration process, or help if you ever have academic warnings or probation.

Skyhawk Advisors serve students who have earned less than 60 credits. Upper-division students should contact their academic advisor for advising assistance.

Walk-in help

Check-in at the Skyhawk Station front counter window.

We're open between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for walk-in advising on a first-come, first-served basis.

Make an appointment

Skyhawk Advisors can help you with GPA questions and degree plans, discuss various options for majors and resources on campus, or other specialized needs.

Learn how to...

Academic Calendar

Find the full calendar of key dates, including breaks and semester start and end dates.

Academic Renewal

Who can apply for Academic Renewal?

A former student who has not attended Fort Lewis College for at least six consecutive terms (e.g., Spring, Summer, Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall) and whose Fort Lewis College cumulative GPA is below 2.00 may apply for Academic Renewal. You are only eligible for Academic Renewal one time.

When and how to apply

  • If you were academically disqualified, submit your Academic Renewal petition by the admission application deadline.
  • If you were not academically disqualified, you must submit your Academic Renewal petition by your return semester's Census date (the 12th day of classes).

More information about Academic Renewal

  • If you are granted Academic Renewal, none of the grades you received before renewal will factor into your GPA. Previously-completed courses for which you earned a grade of C- or higher will still count toward graduation as long as they are allowable under the Time Limits on Coursework policy. Although they will not factor into your GPA, all grades and coursework completed before renewal will remain visible on your academic transcript. A note stating "Academic Renewal Approve [date approved]" will also appear on your transcript.
  • Other institutions may not recognize Academic Renewal. Since your pre-renewal grades appear on your transcript, other institutions may still consider them when determining your eligibility for employment, admission, scholarships, etc.
  • Once granted Academic Renewal, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Standing and complete at least 30 credit hours after re-admission before being eligible for a baccalaureate degree (even if all other degree requirements have been met).


Academic Standing

We strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a member of your advising team to figure out a plan to improve your GPA if you are on Academic Warning or any form of Academic Probation

Academic Probation

If your cumulative GPA drops below 2.00, you'll be put on Academic Probation. Once this happens, you'll need to keep your semester GPA above 2.00 for three consecutive semesters to clear yourself of Academic Probation. You will be required to meet with a member of your advising team before registering for classes as long you are on Academic Probation.

Academic Warning

We send out these warnings if your semester GPA was below 2.00 but your cumulative GPA stayed above a 2.00. Make an appointment to meet with your advising team and figure out a plan to keep your cumulative GPA from slipping below 2.00. Alternatively, you can use a GPA calculator. It may be alarming to receive this warning, but it is possible to raise your GPA, and ignoring it won't make it go away. Your advising team is here to help. If you receive an Academic Warning, you will be required to meet with a member of your advising team before registering for classes.

Academic Disqualification

If your semester and cumulative GPAs remain below 2.00, you will not be able to attend FLC the following semester. You may appeal this decision.

Course Withdrawal Deadlines

Fall 2023

Part of Term Code CW Deadline Courses with CRN(s)
Full Term Courses
Friday, November 3 Too many to list
Friday, September 29 AE 121 (21203, 21204, 21379)
AE 131 (21205, 21206)
AE 321 (21215)
BA 337 (21192)
Friday, October 6 AE 201 (21208)
AE 210 (21209)
AE 301 (21214)
First Year Launch (8-week classes)
Friday, November 17 AE 220 (21210)
AE 290 (21213)
Friday, November 17 AE 230 (21211, 21212)
AE 328 (21216, 21253)
Dates & deadlines

Important dates for financial aid, registration, course withdrawal, and more.

GPA Calculators

Use a GPA calculator to see what grades you need to maintain or repair for your Academic Standing.

Grade replacement

A student who wishes to replace a grade must adhere to the following policies and procedures:

  1. Students must follow all policies regarding the repetition of coursework.
  2. Some courses may be taken more than once for full credit (e.g., some special topics courses, independent studies, and internships); these courses are not eligible for grade replacement.
  3. The semester hours and quality points in repeated courses are counted only once. The highest grade and its corresponding quality points are used to compute the quality point average and meet graduation requirements.
  4. Students can replace a maximum of 3 classes up to 12 credit hours ("cumulative replacement hours") with improved grades earned by repeating courses.
  5. The credit hours associated with each repeated course will count toward the cumulative replacement hours.
  6. Students must complete a Grade Replacement form to initiate the grade replacement process. The form designating specific course grade replacements will be a part of the student's permanent file.
  7. All grade entries remain a part of the student's permanent record.
Incomplete Grades for Students

Considering taking an "Incomplete"? Here's what you need to know:

  • Incomplete Grades are issued at the instructor's discretion -- instructors are not required to allow a student to take an Incomplete for any reason.
  • The instructor can allow you up to one year to complete the outstanding coursework. They are not required to give you the whole year to complete the coursework.
  • If your instructor agrees to let you take an Incomplete, you have the option to fill out the Incomplete Grade Request form.
    • You will outline the agreed-upon terms on the form, including the coursework you need to complete and the time frame for completing it.
    • Both the student and the instructor must sign the form. 
  • An Incomplete will appear on your transcript with an "I" in place of a grade until one of two things happens:
    • You complete the required coursework within the time allowed, and your instructor submits a grade change form to the Registrar's Office. Registrar's Office staff will then replace the "I" on your transcript with the grade assigned by your instructor.
    • You fail to complete the required coursework, so the "I" will be changed to an "F" on your transcript after one year unless approved for an extension.
Leaving or taking a break from FLC

Learn how to leave FLC and the impacts on your transcript, financial aid, and billing. Understand your options, whether you plan to withdraw from all courses now, leave permanently in a future semester, or simply take a break.

Registration Overrides for Students

Instructors can give Registration Overrides for your courses. An instructor override can allow a student to register for a course if:

  • They have not satisfied the prerequisites
  • The course requires instructor's permission
  • And/or if the student does not satisfy a class (first-year, sophomore, etc.) or there is a significant restriction

Starting the first week of the term, the override includes an Override for Capacity.

Talk with your instructor about overriding the registration. 

Contact us

Skyhawk Station

Email: skyhawkstation@fortlewis.edu
Phone: 970-247-7301
Drop-in: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday


Skyhawk Station staff will check you in and guide you to a self-service kiosk or connect you with a Skyhawk Specialist or Advisor.