Paying your bill

Students receive billing notifications to their email address about four weeks before the start of Fall and Spring terms and two weeks before the start of Summer sessions. The College will not send paper bills.

View and pay bill

View and manage your bill payments through the Student Account Suite.

Authorized User Setup

Add an authorized user to your Student Account Suite so they can view and manage bill payments.

Direct deposit eRefund

Get your financial aid refund deposited directly into a checking or savings account—a secure and convenient way to get your refund.

Electronic billing

Email notifications give new billing statement information and directions on accessing your bill. Changes create new email notifications.


Students are responsible for payment of all charges, including tuition, fees, room, and board.

Read Terms & Conditions

Due dates

Payment in full is due on or before the Census Date of each term unless you have a payment plan for that term.

Late fees

A $200 late fee gets added to balances greater than $1,000 after Census Date unless you have a payment plan. Remember—you have two Grace Waivers.

Find out how to...

Authorized User Setup

Add an authorized user to your Student Account Suite so they can view and manage bill payments. Authorized users can be any third party a student wants to allow access to their Student Account Suite. 


Census (sometimes called Census Date) is the official count of student enrollment at FLC; we count at the end of the 12th day of classes for fall, spring, and summer terms, which always falls on Tuesday of the third week of courses. The summer term has only one Census date, even though courses have various start dates.

Spring 2024 Census: Tuesday, January 30

Direct deposit eRefund

Get your financial aid refund deposited directly into a checking or savings account—a secure and convenient way to get your refund.

Grace waivers

Students are allowed two grace waivers during their academic careers. You can use the waivers to remove a late payment fee, a late payment plan fee, or a bad check fee.

Housing & dining

View details of your housing and dining plans related to your billing payments on the Housing & Dining site.

Parking permits

Parking permits are REQUIRED for all vehicles on campus. You can pay online, charge to your Student Account, or pay in person and pick up your parking permit at Skyhawk Station.

Past Due Balance Hold

This hold means you owe the College money. 

  • FI hold is over $1000
  • FL hold is less than $1000

Action required

  • You need to completely pay off your balance before this hold will be removed. You can pay your bill in person at Skyhawk Station or online.
    • If you pay off your balance on your Student Account Suite, your hold will be released the following business day.
    • If you need your hold released immediately after you pay, call Skyhawk Station at 970-247-7301.

This hold will prevent you from:

  • Registering for classes (if you owe more than $1000)
Payment options

Online (credit, debit, electronic check)

Make a payment with a credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or an electronic check with a bank routing and account number.

Payments made with a credit or debit card will be assessed a non-refundable service fee of 2.85%. You will see two transactions on your credit card or bank statement: one for the service fee and another for the amount paid towards the student account.

To avoid this non-refundable service fee, we encourage you to pay with an electronic check.

In person or by mail (cash, check, money order)

You can pay in person at Skyhawk Station with cash, check, or a money order. Make checks payable to Fort Lewis College. Please identify the student’s name or student’s ID number in the memo field.

Checks can also be mailed to:

Fort Lewis College
1000 Rim Drive 140BH
Durango, CO, 81301

Wire transfer

Please contact the Skyhawk Station at 970-247-7301 or email Skyhawk Station for wire instructions.

Payment plans for current students

Students who cannot pay their entire account balance at the beginning of the term may choose to enroll in a payment plan. You can enroll in a payment plan before the Census to address an outstanding balance and avoid late fees. You can choose between a 4-installment or 3-installment payment plan. 

Review and enroll in a payment plan option through your Student Account Suite.

Payment plans for former students

Students taking a break or leaving FLC permanently can request to be placed on an Extended Payment Plan.

Email the Student Billing Office to understand your Extended Payment Plan options. Skyhawk Station cannot set up these plans, and students cannot sign up independently. 

Student Billing will email you the terms and conditions regarding the monthly payments you will make until your balance is paid. The plan allows Student Billing to take the total of your past-due balance and divide it into 12 monthly payments. Student Billing will only accept payments greater than $100.

Refund Policies

The College has several refund polices related to Financial Aid, overpayments, withdrawals, etc. 

Why aren't my grants and/or scholarships reflected on my bill?
  • Make sure you are enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduates and 9 credit hours for graduate students). Contact the Skyhawk Station if you don't plan on being a full-time student to get your financial aid package adjusted to part-time.
  • Contact the Skyhawk Station to see if Fort Lewis College has received your FAFSA information and a check from your scholarship donor. 
  • Ask the Skyhawk Station about your Satisfactory Academic Progress status.
  • Remember, you must electronically accept the Terms and Conditions of your financial aid on your WebOPUS account.

Tax information

1098 Tax Form
  • The 1098T is a form to report qualified tuition and related expenses for possible education tax credits.
  • Qualified tuition and related expenses include tuition and required fees for eligible post-secondary educational institutions.
    • Typically, housing and meals are not eligible costs
  • The expenses must be paid during an academic period that begins in the same tax year or the first three months of the following tax year.
  • If a student did not receive a 1098T in the mail, it may be because their balance on the account was less than the amount they received for grants and scholarships.
  • Students can still access and print the 1098T form on WebOpus for the correct tax year if they choose to do so.

Students can access the 1098T form by logging into WebOpus, selecting Student Services, and then My Billing Information.

Tax credits

Eligible expenses for the education tax credits

  • Generally, tuition and required fees for attending eligible post-secondary educational institutions like colleges, universities, and trade schools qualify for the education tax credits.
  • These expenses must be for an academic period that starts in the same tax year or the first three months of the following tax year.
Taxes on scholarships or grants
  • Scholarships or grants that pay for tuition, mandatory fees, or required books, supplies, and equipment are generally not taxable.
  • Scholarships or grants that cover other expenses like room and board may be taxable.

If you're unsure whether your scholarship or grant is taxable, read IRS Topic 421, Scholarships and Fellowships.

Contact us

Skyhawk Station

Phone: 970-247-7301
Drop-in: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday


Skyhawk Station staff will check you in and guide you to a self-service kiosk or connect you with a Skyhawk Specialist or Advisor.