Leaving FLC Permanently

Notify Fort Lewis College that You're Leaving and Don't Intend to Return

If you are leaving FLC and do not intend to return, your need to complete the form located in your student resource center. Once we have received this notification, you will be dropped from your classes for future terms and your financial aid for those terms will be canceled.

Current Term

If you intend to leave FLC during a semester for which you are enrolled in classes, you have two options:

  1. If you have not already used your one available Semester Withdrawal, you can use that process to withdraw from all of your classes for the current term. Please see our Semester Withdrawal page for more information.
  2. If you have already used your Semester Withdrawal you can either finish the semester or apply for an Administrative Withdrawal. Administrative Withdrawals are only granted under exceptional circumstances. Please see our Administrative Withdrawal page for more information.

On-Campus Housing

If you have signed a housing contract for a future term (you have not yet taken up residence), you need to apply to cancel your housing contract through the Housing Office. If you have any questions, contact the Housing Office by phone at 970-247-7503 or email the Housing Office.

Outstanding Tuition and Fees Balance

A past-due balance will prevent you from accessing your official and unofficial transcript, which could cause problems for you if you intend to transfer to another institution and/or if you need your transcript for future employment. If you have an outstanding balance, make sure you pay it off as soon as possible.

Borrowed Materials (Library and Outdoor Pursuits)

Have you returned all borrowed materials to the library and equipment to Outdoor Pursuits? You will be charged fees for any library materials and/or Outdoor Pursuits equipment that you do not return, so be sure to do this before you leave campus.

Questions & Assistance

Stop by Skyhawk Station, send us an email, or give us a call at 970-247-7301. We’re here to help!