The Native American Center (NAC) serves as an academic and cultural resource center for Native American undergraduate students attending Fort Lewis College. As the NAC, we:
- Provide academic, cultural, social, and transitional support for undergraduate Native American students;
- Connect and refer undergraduate students to campus and departmental resources;
- Develop and promote diversity and inclusion programming in support of indigenous, Native American, American Indian, and/or Alaska Native cultures;
- Promote outreach with tribal communities and organizations;
- Serve as a central resource center for the Fort Lewis College community on Indigenous and/or Native focused areas;
Our overall Native American student enrollment averages 1,100 Native students each semester and within that a rich cultural diversity of 160+ tribal nations is represented. Fort Lewis College maintains a federal designation as a Native American-Serving Nontribal Institution (NASNTI) as over 10% of our student body is Native American.