Expand your world view with our Study Abroad Programs

We offer three options to study abroad; USAC, ISEP Exchange, and Partner Exchange. These programs are for students who will travel and enroll independently. All students planning to study abroad with one of these programs are required to take General Studies 251 (Instructor permit only class) the semester immediately prior to departure. Although not a requirement, we recommend students take General Studies 250 at least one year prior to their term abroad to research the best program for them based on budget, course availability, and program offerings.

Study Abroad Information Sessions

Fall 2023

  • Monday, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Student Union
  • Tuesday, 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Student Union
  • Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. & 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Student Union
  • Thursday, 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.  Student Union

University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)

The University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) is a non-profit, university-based organization that offers dozens of countries for students to study abroad all over the world. Fort Lewis College and USAC have scholarships available (see Scholarship link). Some financial aid does not apply. Students pay tuition and program fees directly to USAC that offers these programs. Students may be in classes with other American students from around the country and the curriculum often is designed for an American audience.

International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)

The International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) is a non-profit, university-based organization that offers over 100 universities for students to study on exchange all over the world. Students pay their home school (FLC) tuition, fees, plus a room and meal package. Tuition waivers may be used for these programs.  All financial aid applies (with the exception of work study) and Fort Lewis College and ISEP have scholarships available (see Scholarship link).

Application Deadlines:

  • September 15 for Spring semester
  • March 1 for Fall semester

Partner Exchange

Exchange programs are reciprocal agreements with partner institutions where students pay their home school tuition and fees, while receiving transfer credit. An international student will attend Fort Lewis College in your place. Tuition waivers may be used for these programs. All financial aid applies, except for work study. Exchanges may offer department specific courses (i.e. only business classes) or campus wide choices. Students will be attending most classes with students from that country, as well as other international students.

Additional programs offered on campus are either faculty led or sponsored by a faculty member via independent study. Students should contact individual faculty members for information and application requirements.

Please see our programs page for a list of participating schools