Getting licensed in another state

Because each state has its own laws and standards regarding teacher preparation, our teacher education programs do not prepare candidates for licensure in states other than Colorado. If you are planning to seek professional licensure or certification in a state other than Colorado, you should contact the appropriate licensing entity in the state in which you are, or plan to be located. They can provide information and guidance regarding licensure or certification requirements, in addition to how the Colorado license may transfer in advance of program completion.

You may have to take additional courses or take a different licensure exam in order to transfer your license. 

To find the right licensing entity, view your state profile on the Teacher License Reciprocity page on the ECS website.