We have offered high quality teacher education courses and strong school district partnerships for over 100 years in the Four Corners region. Each year about 50 students graduate from our personalized programs. Most students continue to teach in the region or return to their home towns to begin their teaching careers.

Is Teacher Education right for you?

It depends on your goals. Do you want to:

  • Become a licensed teacher in public schools?
  • Work with children in youth programs?
  • Work in a culturally diverse area?

If so, we can guide you on the best way there.

Our programs

Undergraduate programs


  • Post-Baccalaureate - Do you already have a degree? Use this program to add a teacher license.

Graduate Studies

  • Teacher Licensure - Get your teacher license and a Master of Arts in Education.
  • Teacher Leadership - Current teachers who want to work as Teacher Leaders in their schools.
  • Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education - Earn your Master of Arts in Education: Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education while also obtaining your Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Endorsement in Colorado or your Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) endorsement in New Mexico.
  • Special Education - Earn your Master of Arts in Special Education, an endorsement in Special Education to augment your career, or an alternative certificate if you are already teaching provisionally.

Bonnie Albright Scholarship Fund

Bonnie Albright photoFamily and friends have raised more than $42,000 in Bonnie's honor.  Please join with us in celebrating her life and in the effort to change lives through this scholarship by giving today.

Give Online button

Student Teach Abroad

Alyssa Montoya, Kelly McCabe and Sydney Sherman at the Pan-American School in Costa Rica

All certified teachers have to student
teach so why not do it in Costa Rica?

Learn more

Accreditation by:
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation

Member of:
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education

Authorized by:
Colorado Department of Higher Education