We have offered high quality teacher education courses and strong school district partnerships for over 100 years in the Four Corners region. Each year about 50 students graduate from our personalized programs. Most students continue to teach in the region or return to their home towns to begin their teaching careers.
- The State of Colorado recognized Fort Lewis College for their Promising Partnership Practice “Learning About Community Resources” Representing Standard 6: Collaborating with Community.
- The State of Colorado recognized Fort Lewis College for their Promising Partnership Practice “Professional Exhibition” Representing Standard 1: Welcoming all Families.
- This last recognition is Teacher Education in Partnership with the Mathematics department. The State of Colorado recognized Fort Lewis College for their Promising Partnership Practice “Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival” Representing Standard 6: Collaborating Community.
Is Teacher Education right for you?
It depends on your goals. Do you want to:
- Become a licensed teacher in public schools?
- Work with children in youth programs?
- Work in a culturally diverse area?
If so, we can guide you on the best way there.
- Teacher Licensure - Get your teacher license and a Master of Arts in Education.
- Teacher Leadership - Current teachers who want to work as Teacher Leaders in their schools.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education - Earn your Master of Arts in Education: Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education while also obtaining your Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Endorsement in Colorado or your Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) endorsement in New Mexico.
- Post-Baccalaureate - Do you already have a degree? Use this program to add a teacher license.