Welcome to the home page of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and Risk Management.
At Fort Lewis College EH&S and Risk Management (RM) reports to the VP of Finance & Administration and is responsible for:
- Research, development, implementation and monitoring of occupational safety and health programs on campus that impact faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Insuring that hazardous materials and hazardous waste are managed in accordance to rules and regulations of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Coordinating risk management activities according to college policy and those of the State of Colorado
- Training of staff and students relative to occupational health and safety issues on the Fort Lewis Campus
- Investigation of concerns regarding health and safety issues raised by faculty, staff and students
- Program support in areas of pandemic planning, emergency response operations and campus-wide safety-related program development
Risk management activities included partnering and participating in planning and training with representatives of the following agencies:
City of Durango Police Department
Colorado Department of Homeland Security, Division of Emergency Management
Durango 9-R School District
Durango Fire Protection District
La Plata County Office of Emergency Management
San Juan Basin Health Department
Southwest Regional All Hazards Advisory Council
Emergency operation planning and training are based on the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) as defined by the Office of Homeland Security.
See instructions on reporting a work hazard: instructions